Wednesday, May 12, 2010

March 18th Show: Here We Go



About this week: I wasn't feeling all that happy, so I did a set with things that didn't exactly make me sad, but just kinda evoke "meh" in me, although there are some very fantastic songs that make "meh" a lot more tolerable for me. Humming is a live version, Portishead who are thought of 'as' Trip-hop, for me they are just a great band who do a very unique sound. Humming breaths a lot more here than the studio version. Here We Go by Jon Brion, is something that has always made me sad and crack a smile at the same time. Who doesn't love music that does that to you. I think the first time I heard Breathe by Telepopmusik was in an Abercrombie and Fitch store and I thought; man who is their corporate music person who has some very decent taste and forward thinking sensibilities, it was MUCH before the song got all played out and stuff.

Tracklisting is approximate

  1. Organ Donor by DJ Shadow
  2. Humming by Portishead
  3. Song 1 by DJ Krush
  4. Here We Go by Jon Brion
  5. Edge Of Blue by DJ Krush
  6. Half Forgotten Daydreams (Twilight) by Kokin Gumi
  7. Samba Da Bencao by Bebel Gilberto
  8. Fu-Yu by DJ Krush
  9. Breathe by Telepopmusik
  10. '95 aka Make Things Right by Lemon Jelly
  11. Boy From School (remix) by Hot Chip
  12. Night Scented Stock by Kate Bush
  13. Unravel by Bjork
  14. Chiminea by DJ Koze
  15. Help Me by Timo Maas
  16. Distractionz by Basement Jaxx
  17. Morskaya by SCSI-9
  18. Relevee by Delia Gonzalez
  19. Leave It by The Field
  20. Hussel by MIA
  21. Love Don't Dance Here Anymore by Tiga
  22. Chase The Sun by Planet Funk
  23. Hearts Collide by Little Boots
  24. Videotape by Radiohead
  25. I Saw A Light by Bat For Lashes
Decided I would get a little bit more half smile--half  0_o  with The Boy From School and some Lemon Jelly. Lemon Jelly are probably the best band and example of "Chillout music" as you can get, they make very good albums and even better compilations. Unravel by Bjork is seriously everything I love about Bjork all at once. Different, strange, on some other shit, and awesome all in 1 song. Leave It by The Field is off of an incredible album from 2009 which was nice to see that it was only 5 or 6 songs, and they all clock in over 7 min's, nice to see some artists have not abandoned the long, building and churning type songs (with all due respect to Joanna Newsom.)

Ended with some love songs, and my favorite Bat For Lashes song, hope you enjoy

March 18th Show  <-- click to download


Buy More Music!




No comments:

Post a Comment