Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 6th Show: My One And Only Thrill

 Whats good?

Been a super long time since I posted anything, for that I apologize. But on the other hand, I will be posting like its hot, so that is good. This is the supposed last official show of the semester before the summer starts, I was so far behind that I didn't even sign up for the inter period of shows and some losers signed up for my slots so there might not be any Synesthesia shows to officially start the WSUM weekend.



This is the show in 8 parts, I have been experimenting with the links and such so let me know PLEASE if any of the links are broken or don't seem to be straight forward enough, any or all input would be great. Also let me know if the shows seem to crack or peak a lot, if so that is something I will look into possibly fixing.  

Approximate track listing (I didn't play the exact order that I was going to because of technical difficulties.)


May 6th Show (8 parts)     <-- Click to download
  1. My One And Only Thrill by Melody Gardot
  2. Les Nuits by Nightmares On Wax
  3. My Girls by Animal Collective
  4. Sleepyhead by Passion Pit
  5. Lights Go Down by Basement Jaxx
  6. Weak Become Heroes by The Streets
  7. Feels Like Home by Basement Jaxx
  8. Nobody's Home by Ulrich Schnauss
  9. Goodbeatapella by Deee-Lite
  10. Pon De Floor (remix) by The Streets
  11. Pon De Floor by Major Lazers
  12. Today Has Been Ok by Emiliana Torrini
  13. La Ritournelle by Sebastian Tellier
  14. Your Song (cover obviously) by The Streets
  15. Darkness & The Light by Matt Warren
  16. Abglanz by Pantha Du Prince (Best Song of 2010 IMHO).... Thus far  0_o
  17. Disconnect by Plasticman
  18. Fleece On Brain by Matthew Dear
  19. Brutalga Square by DJ Koze
  20. Memory Of A Free Festival by David Bowie
Notes On Songs:

My One and Only Thrill is an amazing album, and Melody has such an interesting personal story, I am rooting for her. Weak Become Heroes, is by far one of my fav Rap songs of all times, and The Streets has made 2 classic albums that should be heard as complete albums to fully appreciate. Feels Like Home by Basement Jaxx, has Meshell Ndegeocello on it, and is really a downtempo masterpiece.

Second hour has some more Techno type music, with a triple threat of Minimal near the end, I ended the show with my favorite David Bowie song of all time: Memory Of A Free Festival

I'll let you know the official summer schedule once I know it myself.

Buy more music!


Synesthesia 10pm--Midnight Thursday Nights WSUM 91.7FM

No comments:

Post a Comment